Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Wonder Of The World

First of all, sorry for not posting in so long. I shall pick up from where I left off. We started a trek through the Peruvian Jungle/rainforest on our quest to reach Machu Pichu. Four long haul days insued with tiring uphill walks, mountain biking and the odd stop off to bathe in some more hot springs. This was induring for everyone but especially me, and i realised that infact, I was not made for hiking purposes. However, on the fourth day, we rose at an ungodly hour (around 4am) to reach Machu Pichu for sunrise. Let me tell you, this was worth it. The first thing I noticed is the size of the place. It is absolutely enormous compared to what one is led to believe. The ruins are all in as perfect a condition that could be expected after 500 years and are obviously well cared for. Some took the option to climb the overlooking mountain, but after my four day trek and one mountain climb that we literally had to climb up ladders to reach the top of (seriously it was at a 90 degree angle) I decided against this option. I have hundreds of photos which have just been resized and I will put up as soon as I reach Brazil.

No comments: